Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Bourbon Pecan Alfredo
6 oz of linguine
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
¾ cup of bourbon divided
1 c. whipping cream
1c. grated parmesan cheese
½ c. toasted and roughly chopped pecans
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp chopped chives
1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
3. Add garlic to butter and cook until tender.
4. Remove pan from heat and add ½ c. bourbon.
5. Return to heat and cook 5 minutes over low heat; stir frequently.
6. Stir in whipping cream and cheese.
7. When cheese is melted, add the rest of the bourbon.
8. Stir in pecans, parsley, and chives; let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
9. Toss sauce with pasta.