Monday, March 30, 2009

Why To Hate Twilight: Rebuttal


By

"This weekend the weather was bad and there was nothing on television. Therefore, I decided to rent the only thing that I hadn’t already seen on PPV. I was astounded at how wonderful the movie was, and immediately wanted to see what my fellow Triond writers thought of Twilight. Of course, I found tons of pro Twilight articles. However, I found one article, “Why To Hate Twilight” that was written to bash the Twilight series. The author composed 95 reasons to hate Twilight, most of which I adamantly disagree with. Some of the reasons were just too nonsensical to even address. Reasons like- because it is “stupid”, “dumb , and Harry Potter could beat the main Twilight character with his magic powers, etc… wasn’t worth my time and effort. So, I just picked a few out of the article to rebut here. All of the quotes were taken from Sarah Rebeccas’ "Why To Hate Twilight" article here.


Bella is a perfect character (“Mary Sue”) that Meyer hides by calling her clumsy.”

1. Bella is not a perfect character. She comes from a broken home, hasn’t seen her father in years, and she is shy and awkward. The idea that she is a perfect character is clearly negated by the mere fact that she attempts suicide. Perfect people would never feel so unworthy of life....."


Finish reading this article about Twilight here

No comments: