Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Do You Know What The “Holodomor” is?

So, Do You Know What The “Holodomor” is?

A friend called me this evening and asked me an odd question, “what is Holodomor?” I explained what it was in short. She quickly thanked me and said she would have to call me back in a little while. I didn’t think much of it, but then my phone rang again with another friend that asked the identical question. Holodomor isn’t something that is widely known, much less talked about, in the Western world. In fact, I had many professors in college that denied it ever happened.

My second friend informed me that Glen Becks’ 3/29/10 program is what peaked her curiosity. I just watched the show for myself. I would like to commend Mr. Beck for his attention to the issue and the many other topics he discussed such as- Ernesto “Che” Guevara.

Now for those that have never heard of Holodomor, which means murder by hunger, finish reading about it here.

No comments: