This is a quick and easy side dish that is full of flavor, but will not overpower the entree.
1 tbsp grated lemon rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp butter
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup uncooked couscous
2 tbsp toasted and chopped pecans
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp finely diced red bell pepper
2 mint sprigs
2 lemon slices
1. Combine first five ingredients and bell pepper in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat and add couscous; stirring well.
3. Cover and remove from heat.
4. Let stand 10 minutes.
5. Stir in pecans and parsley.
6. Garnish with mint sprig and a lemon slice.
If you like this recipe, then check out some more here:
Fresh Herb and Heirloom Tomato Crostini
Crunchy Edamame Slaw
Shrimp Burgers with Spicy and Sweet Tartar Sauce