A perfect marriage of delicate trout with buttery almonds. Served in a rich savory sauce. Makes 6 servings. Steamed green beans and piped sweet potato soufflé are nice side dishes.
2 c. milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp salt
2 dashes hot sauce
6 trout fillets
¾ cup flour
½ tsp pepper
1 c. butter
¼ c. butter
1 tbsp olive oil
½ c. sliced almonds
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ c. fresh parsley
6 sprigs of parsley
6 lemon wedges
1. Combine milk, 1 tsp salt, and hot sauce in 14x9x2 inch dish.
2. Add filets and coat with milk mixture.
3. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
4. Combine flour and pepper in large plastic bag.
5. Melt ¼ c. butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add oil to butter.
7. Gently shake trout fillets in the flour mixture; shaking off excess flour.
8. Cook trout fillets 2 minutes on each side in butter and oil…or until fish flakes easily.
9. Combine 1 c. butter and almonds in a saucepan.
10. Cook over medium heat until almonds are fragrant and lightly browned.
11. Add 1 tsp salt, lemon juice, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce to almonds; cook 5 minutes on low heat.
12. Pour sauce over trout fillets.
13. Serve with extra lemon wedge.